Gutter Glove - Bad customer service
I recently ordered a Sunsetter awing.The installer they recommend in Milwaukee was Gutter Glove.
The rep. came and took our order and a substantial down payment. The awning took about five weeks to arrive. Called Gutter Glove several times to set up an install date, "please call me back".
Three days later and several calls finally a returned call. Seven day lead time for install "ok". Installers arrived, this is a roof mount system. Worker installed brackets but did not space them properly.
The awing bound up when deployed. Workers using my material jammed a block of wood under one end to get it to work. Went to hook up lights, "lights did not work not there fault damaged in shipment. I was concerned about the block of wood.
Installer said they would order an additional bracket and would install in a week. Two weeks go by and several calls which were never returned finally get a person. When I ask the rep. when they were coming back to fix it, he told me they were busy and didn't have time and did not want to upset other customers.
OTHER CUSTOMERS! I told him I was going to call Sunsetter. He said"do what you gotta do man". Did I fail to mention this was all paid for.
I called Sunsetter about this, they must have had some pull because they were there the next day (with a bad attitude). Worker who did shoddy work the first time was at it again. Turns out they lied about ordering an additional bracket, never ordered. Workers removed awing and repositioned brackets.
One of the brackets had to be moved. Worker did not have clear caulk which looked good on the other three, so he used gray caulk. It looked horrible. I made him remove it and put clear like the other brackets.
They had to go get some. I supplied them with a putty knife and some denatured alcohol to clean it up. He was throwing his tools and having a fit. I paid nearly $4000.
It should work properly and look good.
If you are having Gutter Glove install anything.They take your money and give you terrible service.
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We had LeafFilter installed and received a lifetime warranty for the system. Six years later the filter screen pulled away and off of a gutter (see picture). We..."
- "Bought 2 Maxim Lighting exterior lighting fixtures through ATG Stores. Beautiful fixtures and durable per the description. $170 per light. Got the first 2. Noticed that the engineering drawing didn't..."
- "Marvin Windows are ***. Window's 11 years old have rotted frames. I've had a Marvin installer inspect the installation and was told that they were installed correctly. Not only has..."
- "Motel 6 on Howell ave in Milwaukee is very unsanitary the springs were coming thru the mattress and the other one was sinking tried to talk to staff they had..."
- "We installed a Pottery Barn Sussex Sconce in our bathroom above the medicine cabinet in February 2010. About four years later the stainless steel finish was peeling revealing a black/rusty..."
- "Hired a painter through Thumbtack to stain my deck. Contractor did a competent job, but handled personal items carelessly; stain on grill, and patio doors, grill tools and grill cover..."
- " All Reviews Telecommunications Fox News 48 of 272 reviews Fox News The Kelly File Tv Show Review from Helotes, Texas ISSUE NOT RESOLVED Helotes, Texas Oct 19 ..."
- "Ordered 16 pink rosebuds for niece's 16th birthday. What arrived was 8 pink and 8 white fully bloomed out roses. They requested pictures which I sent them 3..."
- "It always interesting how all the review sites show either unhappy customers or happy customers. Come on people, when you process thousands of orders, not all transactions will go..."